An Introduction to Membership at Bethlehem Community Church
What is Membership?
- It is a commitment not to an institution or club, but to those who comprise the worshipping people (the visible body of Christ) at Bethlehem Community Church.
- It is a personal commitment firstly to Jesus Christ, your personal Saviour and Lord. (If this is your first time profession of faith, we believe water baptism is a desirable public witness to this fact.)
- It also means belonging to each other in the faith family of Bethlehem Community Church.
- It is a commitment to the values and mission philosophy of Bethlehem Community Church.
Values and Mission Philosophy
- To know Christ and to make Him known.
- To be a multi-faceted, caring church, serving our community in the love of Christ.
- To recognise the importance of children and young people as part of the Church family.
- To ensure that within Bethlehem Community Church there is a place for you to belong and a part for you to play.
- Membership is a commitment to actively discover and use your spiritual gifts for the good of the whole church.
Protecting the unity of your church
- by acting in love towards other members
- by encouraging and building up others
- by supporting leaders
- by refusing gossip
Sharing the responsibility of your church
- by praying for its growth
- by inviting the unchurched to attend
- by welcoming newcomers into our homes
Being involved in the ministry of your church
- by discovering your gifts and talents
- by being equipped to serve
- by linking with a small group in the church for bible study, ministry, personal growth and fellowship
- by developing a servant heart and giving time in serving the Lord
Supporting the witness of your church
- by worshipping and attending regularly
- by reading your Bible and praying daily
- by living a life worthy of Christ
- by giving regularly
Our Commitment to You
To the best of our ability and with God’s help we as the current leadership of Bethlehem Community Church endeavour to:
- encourage you as you develop your relationship with God.
- help you to discover and use the gifts that God has given you.
- help you find a small group for your personal growth.
- provide relevant Biblical teaching.
- provide pastoral care as you need it.
- encourage you to take every opportunity to be trained and involved in the ministry of the church. We want to be permission-giving so that you may take bold steps of faith in serving the Lord.
- help create a loving and welcoming sense of community in Bethlehem Community Church where you can belong.
When you become a member you will be asked, in the presence of the congregation, to affirm each of these three vows by saying, “I do.”
- Do you confess your faith in God as your Heavenly Father, in Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, and in the Holy Spirit as your Helper and Guide?
- Do you promise, with God’s help, to grow as a disciple of Christ, and to continue faithfully in the life, worship, prayer, witness and service of Christ’s church?
- In committing yourself to become a member of Bethlehem Community Church, the body of Christ in this place, do you promise to:
- protect the unity of your church?
- share the responsibility of your church?
- be involved in the ministry of your church
- support the witness of your church?
If you would like to know more about becoming a member of Bethlehem Community Church, please contact the Church Office – Ph: (07) 579 1600 or Email: email@example.com